Monday, October 13, 2008

Tough Day

Today has been a rough day. The babies had their 6 month checkups. Both are doing great. My mom usually comes with me so I have an extra set of hands to comfort crying babies. But she had to work today so she couldn't go. My brother watched Ben so I didn't have to take him too which helped a TON. But I still had two babies and only one of me.

Their appointments were at 10:45 and 11:00. I got there at 10:45 (running late like always) I made the mistake of not using the double stroller just using the two infant seats. BIG MISTAKE. I'm trying to juggle both babies plus the diaper bag which kept falling off my shoulder. Right as I walked in the door I had to put Will down so I could re-adjust a lady walked up to me and asked me if she could help. She picked up Will and carried him to the reception desk for me. The waiting room was PACKED. I waiting in there for 45 minutes. By the time they called me back Ellie was pissed. I had to take her out of the carrier for a little while which sucked because when they called us back I had to put her back in the carrier, buckle her in, grab the diaper bag, pick up my cell phone which dropped on the floor, pick up Ellie, pick up Will and hen go back.

Ellie weighs 12 lbsis 23 1/2 inches long. Will weighs 15lbs 9 1/2 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long. Ellie is still in the >5% and Will is in the 25%. He said they both look great. He said they could start solids now. (Will already has but we've waited on Ellie)

They both got 2 shots each. That was the hardest part. Normally when they get shots my mom comforts one while I comfort the other. This time was totally different. Ellie got hers first because she was already grumpy. After they gave her the shots I held her to comfort her. But of course WIll had to get his. Poor little guy was talking and smiling then she stuck him. He started crying and I picked him up as well. I held them for a little while but now they were tired and hungry and in pain. My poor babies. I got them into their car seats and made them bottles (a good mom would have already had their bottles made so they didn't have to wait ) I wrapped blankets around them because it was really windy and cold and I propped their bottles up on their blankets. (They get bottles if we're out and about. I can't BF both of them in public.) I got them calmed down and loaded back into the car.
We've had a pretty good day since then but man it was rough. Next appointment I'm taking my mom with me. I really think I rely to heavily on my parents. BUt I'm not sure what else to do. I can't imagine doing this without them. All you twin moms who can handle it without help I bow down to you.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You're doing just fine :)

And I'm sure you've heard this before, but it gets easier!! I promise :)

Glad you have your parents there to help you out.