Sunday, June 01, 2008

Introducing Me!

I realized some of you may or may not know a whole lot about me so I figured I would tell you a little about myself. I will try to keep this somewhat brief as I do tend to get wordy.

My name is Melody. I was born in Idaho Falls, Idaho, on July 20 many, many years ago. I am the fourth of six children. I am the middle girl. I married Jim January 20, 2001. We got pregnant right away but at 8 1/2 weeks I miscarried. The doctors wouldn't do any testing until we had been trying for a year. So after a year went by and no pregnancy the doctors agree to run some tests. Long story short - I had contracted Chlamydia and my tubes were irrepairably damaged. I had to have them removed or tied (they were full of a toxic fluid that would cause another miscarriage if I ever could get pregnant) After all that IVF would be our only option of getting pregnant. (I will post our whole lengthy infertility story later) After 4 cycles of IVF we now have 3 beautiful children. Benjamin who is almost 3, Will and Ellie who are 2 months. The first cycle was cancelled before the transfer, the second cycle resulted in Ben, the third cycle didn't work and the fourth cycle resulted in the twins. In total we transfered 10 embryos and got 3 kids. I am a stay at home mom. Jim works for Pepsi and goes to school 2 nights a week. My life revolves around my family. That is pretty much me in a nutshell.

No comments: