Thursday, July 31, 2008

The rumor, the myth, the urban legend

So I've always heard rumors about this. I thought it was an urban legend or just a myth but it's really true....

A three month old baby can sleep from 8pm to 6:30am with only waking up once. In fact two of them can (well the second one slept from 9 - 6:30) I am shocked! I didn't really believe that babies did this. Even at 6 months Ben was waking up at least twice sometimes three times a night.

For the last two nights Will has gone to bed at 8:30, woken up at 2:30 then went back to bed and slept until 6:30. Ellie has gone to bed at 9ish, I woke her up to nurse with Will at 2:30 and then didn't wake up until 6:30. It was amazing. Not that they were sleeping bad before that. They would wake up once at 2:30 and then again at 4:30. I could get used to this. Now if only I could get them to sleep during the day.

I guess you can't have everything :) But if I had to chose I would definately chose what I have. Sleep at night as opposed to naps during the day since I most likely wouldn't take a nap then too (especially since there's no guarantee that Ben will nap).

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

YEA!!!!!!

Allison said...

Oh, moving to one feeding at night is THE BEST!! I hope they keep it up for you.