Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hodge Podge of stuff

Will can sit up on his own! (Sorta)
I put the EZ plus nursing pillow (that's the pillow I put around me to nurse the twins. If you are expecting twins and are planning to nurse. I HIGHLY recommend it! Two thumbs up) around him and he was doing pretty good. He didn't really use it at all so I took it away and he still sat there!!
He did fall over a couple times. Ellie on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the whole "sitting up" crap. I would sit her down on the floor in front of me while holding on to her and she would just lift her little butt up so her whole body was straight. It was so funny. She did almost roll over from her back to her front today. Almost.

Both Ellie and Will can't seem to keep their tongues in their mouths. They are always sticking their tongues out. It is hilarious.
(I don't have a pic of Will doing it. I'll have to see if I can get one tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard)
It's interesting to me to watch them grow and develop at different stages. Logically I "know" they are individuals and I have no idea why I thought they would be at the same stages all the time. Will is already on rice cereal but we haven't tried it with Ellie yet. (She's still only 12 lbs and seems to be satisfied with just nursing. She hates the bottle/formula. Most days Will is pretty satisfied with just nursing but there are some days that he feels he is starving to death and isn't going to make it if he doesn't get a bottle RIGHT NOW) They are both rolling over from front to back. Ellie almost went from back to front. Will hasn't even tried.

Every thing about them is just so different. Will is almost 4 lbs heavier than Ellie. He wears size 2 diapers and can wear some clothes that Ben wore at 12 -13 months. (that's not saying much though. Ben can still wear 18 month clothes)  He is so rolly polly. I love it.  (I have a song I sing to him. - I should probably stop. But it goes ♪ "You are a monkey, You're so chunky, You have rolls on your rolls, You are a chunky, chunky monkey. You're my rolly polly boy"♫ - There's a reason I'm not a songwriter. Unfortunately Ben loves the song and sings it to him all the time. He sings ♪ "you have rolls on your rolls"♫ constantly. I should probably stop. I don't want Will to have a complex.) Will is so cuddly. He loves his pacifier (He's just recently found his thumb though and sometimes will take that) He loves the exersaucer.

Ellie is so tiny. She loves her Daddy. The minute they make eye contact her whole face lights up. (He loves it too) She is a thumb sucker. She loves to lay on the floor and play with the floor gym. She is getting shy when people she doesn't know talk to her. (If I'm not right there in her line of sight when someone talks to her she gets this HUGE frowny face and just cries) She just barely got out of Newborn diapers and clothes. (She can still fit into some newborn onesies).

They are still overwhelming at times. Especially if we don't get naps. I don't know if it would have been possible to have gotten them on a schedule sooner but it sure is making our lives easier now (for the most part) They have settled into naps at somewhere around 9 or 10 then again at 12 to 1 and the last one at 4. They still aren't sleeping for a long time at naps but we're working on it. Bedtime is so much easier. I'm afraid to jinx myself by saying it though.

Ben is having a rough time. I'm not sure if it's just normal toddler behavior or still adjusting to not being the only child. Overall he's doing great but he doesn't always listen (I know thats normal) and he throws pretty big tantrums. If you tell him no to something he cries, runs to his room and throws himself on his bed. We're working on being consistent with discipline. I know that will help.

My two boys


Well it's late and I'm tired.

No comments: