Saturday, October 20, 2012

Life gets in the way

I've been wanting to start up blogging again but then I either:
  • get lazy
  • get super busy
  • procrastinate
  • get overwhelmed
  • have writers block
  • or have a million and one other excuses that I could come up with.
There is an old saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going to end up. I have every intention of keeping up with this blog but somedays I just can't seem to do it.

Lets see what has been going on I started another semester at school. This semester I'm taking Intermediate Photography and Wedding and Special Events. Something I have discovered about myself. As much as I would like to believe I am a positive person, as much as I try to think positively - in reality I'm actually very negative. This is something that was pointed out to me awhile ago by a friend who told me I wasn't a very happy person. I brushed it off thinking she didn't know what she was talking about. But doing some self reflection and talking to hubby I've learned she is right. I tend to complain ALOT. Even about things that I love. I don't seem to look on the bright side of things and in fact I'm able to see the dark cloud inspite of the silver lining. This is somethings I don't like about myself. I am making a concious effort to try to change my attitude. I'm trying to focus on the things that are going right as opposed to the things that are going wrong.

What else has been happening? Hubby decided to take a break from Facebook recently. I know what you're thinking. "That's crazy?! How can anyone take a break from Facebook? How would I keep up with my friends? How will I know when something is going on? How will I share this hilarious picture/story/video/website, etc? What will I do if I'm having a bad day and need someone to lift me up? Who will I tell that I'm going to the gym/what I'm eating for dinner/that I'm heading to bed?" The crazy thing is he doesn't really miss it. I'm actually thinking of following his lead. I've already limited my time on Facebook to about 10 minutes total a day. I realized how dependant I had become on the validation I received from everyone else.
Hubby and I realized that we weren't putting much effort into our relationship because we were relying on Facebook. We could message each other on Facebook. We would log on to Facebook at night and check in on everyone we knew but we wouldn't just sit next to each other and get to know each other. Its hard to break the Facebook habit. Its an addiction. I haven't been able to quit cold turkey but I am weaning myself.

I have lots more to write about but I don't want this to get to long or end up writing everything in one post and then ending up with no posts for another six months or so.

No comments: