Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
I've been trying to write this post for a couple days now. I wrote this post yesterday but then our power went out and I lost the whole thing.
We had a really wonderful Christmas this year. We spent it sourrounded by family and friends. This was the first year that Ben really knew what was going on. He was so excited about Santa. It was soawesome to be able to experience the magic of Christmas through his eyes.
He had so much fun making cookies for Santa. He left them out with a note. Daddy wrote the note and he signed his own name (except it turned out Bem)
He woke up at 5:00am so excited because "Santa had come!" We convinced him to stay in bed until 6:00. (by convinced I mean we refused to get up.) I was cuddling with him for awhile and he rolled over to Jim. I pulled him back to my side and he said "I want to cuddle with Daddy. You hug yourself" nice huh?
So we finally let him get up at 6:00. He came out and saw that Santa had responded to his letter.
Then he saw his stocking.
and the tree
He opened his presents from Santa
Then the babies woke up
They opened their stockings (ok, I opened their stockings)
And they played with (ate) their toys
After we opened presents at our house. Then we went to my parents house to open presents up there. At 1:30 we went over to our friend Scott and Bridgette's house. We visited with them for a while. The whole day it was raining really hard so we had to keep running to and from the car. Then at 3:00 we went to Jim's brother's house and had Christmas dinner with Jim's family. We finally got home at 7:00pm and put the babies to bed. Ben went down at 8. Our house looks like ToysRus barfed all over it. but it was a wonderful day. It was so nice to spend Christmas with our families. It was a really busy day but it was wonderful.
We are so blessed to have great families that we live close to. I couldn't imagine a better life. I'm surrounded by the best family and friends a girl could ask for.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well.

1 comment: